Apples of Antiquity
APPLES Grafted to Semi-Dwarf root stock expect trees to be 12 to 16 feet tall at maturity in 20 year. $15.00
- Golden Grimes- Fruit has a bright yellow skin when ripe and a crisp, sweet flesh with a smooth, creamy texture. Ideal for fresh-eating and excellent for juice, cider, and sauce. Antique variety originates from West Virginia, circa 1830. Thought to be a parent of Golden Delicious. Disease-resistant to cedar apple rust and fire blight.
- Liberty - natural disease resistance to apple scab, cedar apple rust, fire blight, and powdery mildew. Fruit has a yellow background with attractive red overtones, a crisp white flesh, and a harmonious sweet-tart taste. Perfect for fresh-eating or cooking.
- Empire - Originates from Geneva, New York circa 1945. Cold-hardy. Ripens in mid-September, productive tree is disease-resistant to fire blight and cedar apple rust.
- June Apple - AKA- Early Transparent - pale-yellow skin that matches the flesh. Crisp, light and sweet – makes the ultimate home-cooked applesauce., circa 1870. Cold-hardy. Ripens in June to July is known as Antonovka an Antique variety originates from Russia.
- Blue Pearmain - One of New England’s Most famous apples mentioned by Henry David Thoreau as a Favorite in the essay “Wild Apples of New England” Incredibly beautiful Medium to large fruit is purplish red in the color of the skin with a distinctive blue bloom, Firm dense and slightly crisp but sweet with a hint of tartness in the back-ground flavor. Keeps in the root cellar until midwinter.
- Priscilla - Apple is medium sized, pale yellow colored with a red blush. Flesh is crisp, the apple is mildly acid to sweet, and rich in flavor; moderately juicy; very good dessert quality. Retains quality for two to three months or more in refrigeration, immune to apple scab; high level of resistance to fire blight; high level of resistance to cedar-apple rust; good level of resistance to powdery mildew. Matures two weeks before Red Delicious.
Home Page |
Fruit Trees |