Sweet crunchy, full of flavor, long keeping pears that are very firm and juicy without a gritty texture.
Medium 2 to 3 feet tall $15.00
Large 3 to 4 feet tall $25.00
- Korean Giant - Very large round, dark brown russet fruit weighs up to one pound. Excellent crisp flavor ,juicy flesh with high sugar content, very precocious. Ripens early October. Sizes: M
- Late Korean (Okusankichi)- Pyrus pyrifolia sp. Large, round. Green to tan russeted, Thick skin keep very well. White, refreshing, firm, coarse, crisp and juicy flesh. Keeps well after picking. Flavor improves with storage. Ripens: Late October, 600 hours chilling.
Cold hardy USDA Zone 5. Sizes: L
- Hosui - Consistently rated the best-tasting Asian pear in America’s fruit tastings contest. Large, juicy, sweet, flavorful, refreshing, crisp like an apple. Brownish-orange russeted skinSizes: L
Many other Asian pear cultivars available. Please inquire for more information.
European and Hybrid Pears
Pears of the Old World well known in those parts but newly introduced in the USA.
Medium 2 to 3 feet tall $16.00.
- Deveci Pear - From Turkey, a well-known pear sought after for years. It was a hidden secret of the owner and was found growing in a dense forest, unseen by passersby. This pear has a beautiful red blush and is round and squatty. It is similar to an Asian pear but with all the texture and full body of a European pear. This pear comes highly recommended from us and friends in Turkey. It is grafted on to OHxF87 semi-dwarf pear root stock.
Click here to enlarge picture.
- Turnbull - Large fruit with a crisp, juicy apple-like flavor. Long bloom period and most often misses the late spring frost, it is a hybrid cross of Asian pear with European pear. The fruit is excellent for fresh eating, hardy, fireblight resistant, and worthy of attention. It is vigorous growing and grafted on to OHxF87 semi-dwarf pear rootstock. Limited numbers on hand.
- New World Pear Hybrid - Bartlett European pear x Korean Giant Asian pear. Pear develops a beautiful fawn colored skin. Fruit texture is fine grain without grit cells. Fruit is larger than Korean Giant and has a sweet crunchy texture that is reminiscent of a butterscotch flavor. Fruit shape is slightly oblong with a button at the flower end of fruit. Grafted on to OHxF87 Semi-Dwarfing pear root stock. Tree is fire blight resistant AND Self-pollinating here.
Many other pear cultivars available. Please inquire as to which ones.